This article will take you through;
- Why should customers use BBP to Pay their Bill?
- How does Pay @ Table/ Pay @ Bar work?
- Pay @ Bar - What do I need to do?
- Splitting the Bill
Why should customers use BBP to Pay their Bill?
This option essentially allows customers to pay their bill be at a bar or at a table. It's simple to use and has many benefits to us;
- Increased efficiency: Pay at table or at Bar allows customers to pay for their meal or drinks without having to wait for the server to bring a bill, reducing the wait time and improving overall experience.
- Enhanced security: With Pay at Table/Bar, the customer's payment card never leaves the table, reducing the risk of card fraud or theft.
- Improved customer satisfaction: By providing a more convenient and secure payment process, customers are likely to be more satisfied with their experience, leading to increased customer loyalty and repeat business.
- Increased revenue: By speeding up the payment process, pay at table can help reduce customer wait time, freeing up tables for other diners and potentially increasing overall revenue.
- And to top it off, customers are able to earn loyalty points with every transaction.
How does Pay @ Table/Pay @ Bar work?
The customer selects Pay at Table / Pay at Bar option on the app or web;
- Customer enters a number either the table number or bar tab number which needs to be clearly communicated to the customer. In the case of QR codes, the QR code can be scanned to either pre-populate the table number / bar tab.
- The bill is presented to the customer
- The customer can either pay off the entire bill or make a partial payment using a payment card that has been securely stored on the phone.
- Once the customer has made a payment, they will be able to see if there is an outstanding bill to be paid.
- With each transaction, the customer received loyalty points
Pay @ Bar - What do I need to do?
For customers to pay at bar
Step 1 Add items to till
Step 2 Save items to terminal ID number eg 1001
(this must match the code that is presented to the customer in front of the till)
Step 3 Send items
Step 4 Customer will retrieve tab by scanning QR code or. . entering terminal ID, they can then pay through the app and the tab will be closed.
Terminal ID numbers by Site
- Hammersmith - 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004
- Shepherds Bush - 2001, 2002
- Camden - 3001, 3002, 3003
- Greenwich - 4001, 4002, 4003
- London Bridge - 5001, 5002, 5003, 5004, 5005, 5006
- Newquay - 6001, 6002, 6003
- Edinburgh - 7001, 7002, 7003, 7004
- Bath - 8001, 8002
Splitting the Bill
- Customers can choose to split bill with friends
- All people paying must have the app downloaded and payment card attached to profile,
- 1st person can choose split bill and pay a select amount, 2nd person pays remainder or amount agreed by typing in table number or till ID number and so on.
- This can only be done once the person before has completed their part of the payment