This article will help you specifically resolve menu configuration where the POS system is Zonal.
Do I need a friendly name added to a portion?
All options in a choice must have a friendly name for all portions. If the friendly name for a single portion is not present then the whole product will be removed from the menu.
In this example, it is stating that the product Jager Paddle contains the choice Jagermeister (100000000139) doesn’t have the correct portion configured in iOrder.
To fix this the following steps should be taken:
- Open the Product Choice in iOrder e.g. Jagermeister (100000000139)
- Open the META DATA tab
3. Locate your list of Portion ID (provided by the Zonal Account Manager)
4. Enter a “Friendly Name” for that portion (this MUST exist)
5. Save the product
6. Open the menus that were being affected by the error and resave them
In this example, the beers weren’t working due to the Pint with Cordial & Half with Cordial portion containing a choice within that portion, removing the friendly name for those portions made them appear without affecting how the tills use the same products.
If you are experiencing an issue with a menu, iOrder can be used to identify where the error is. If you don’t have access to the below please ask your Zonal Account Manager to amend your user permissions.
iOrder > Menu Manager > Select Menu > Build Menu
On the right hand side click “Preview Menu”
The following screen will open:
Select “Show Menu Error Report”
All potential issues with the menu will display as below:
Instructions versus Recipes in Aztec
Ensure that when setting up product items in Aztec that they are configured as Recipes instead of instructions.
When making changes to option sets in iOrder you will need to go in to each choice where a new option has been added, delete the display record and re add it. Then go into the menu to resave the menu.
May stock must be set to 1
Z227 error where choice set chosen is currently not valid
- Make sure the choices have been set up incorrectly - for example if its mandatory to select then minimum = 1 and max is whatever is the maximum value. If the customer can select at least one option, then set minimum = 0 and again maximum value they are able to select.
- And the choices need to be set up as enhanced choices. There is a check box for this. The Zonal Account Manager should be able to walk you through it
- Ensure that Parent ID: is configured with the correct Child Ingredient ID’s (both within Aztec and within iOrder Product/Menu Manager – they need to match)
Here is an example of the error message;
Deleting choices from a choice group
If you remove the choices from the choice group, you need to delete it properly and not disable it. Otherwise you will need to rebuild the choice group in order for the choice group to appear under the product.
Pricing needs to be set for each portion choice.
For the spirits, if you want the customer to be able to choose a single or double and then a mixer choice as one seamless process then you will need to duplicate products. Duplicate products need to be created in Aztec, these were created as recipes (Rather than standard lines that are used for bought in and sold products normally), recipes enabled us to still deplete the correct products so that stocks would be correct
Top level we’ve two choices within the standard portion
Choice number 1
Choice number 2 is the standard spirit mixer used throughout the sites
iOrder *Belvedere, 25ml Belvedere and 50ml Belvedere all had to be configured as well as the two choices.
It's essential that no default portion is selected on iOrder as this will prevent other portions from showing. E.g. If 'Pint' was selected as the default portion on iOrder for a beer, then none of the relevant portions would display. As soon as you set that default to 'none' then the linked portions appear.
Article is closed for comments.