This article will show you how to add new users in Lightspeed.
This may be useful if you have multiple locations or if you wish different members of staff to have an individual log ins.
You can also control the level of visibility each user has in the back office for example if you want your staff to be able to accept orders in the POS and make changes to the menu in the back office but you don't want them to have the same visibility to reports as you do.
- Log in to your Lightspeed Back Office
- Navigate to People in the left hand menu
- Click Invite A New User button
- Fill in the details
- Select Invite & Edit User to choose the permissions of that user
- To enable access to all features, toggle the Is This User An Admin button to Yes
- To limit the user to the necessary functions for accepting orders and making adjustments to the menu such as adding items, changing prices and making products unavailable, leave the Basic Permissions as the default.
- Under Back Office Permissions select the following; Site Pricing, Site Products, Manage Products.
Inviting a user in this way will send an invite to the email address listed. The user can accept the invite and set their own password.