Creating a SmartLink & QR Code for your app using onelink.io
A SmartLink detects what device your customers are using and takes them to the correct store to download your app. For example:
People using an iPhone will be taken to the AppStore
People using a device on the Android system will be taken to the Google Play Store
A QR code is basically a barcode that customers can scan with their smartphone and be taken directly to your app on the Store.
What you need:
- The link to your app on Apple AppStore
- The link to your app on Google Play Store
- Access to the internet
What to do:
Head to Onelink.to
- Select the 'lock' button
- Insert the name of your app
- Insert URL to your app on AppStore (iOS) and press enter
- Insert URL to your app on Google Play and press enter
- Your new Smartlink will appear in the top left corner
- Download your QR Code as either PNG or SVG
Always test your SmartLink and QR Code before use!
There are many free online QR Code generators that allow you to edit the look, size and format of your QR Code. All you need is your SmartLink to get started.
You can also take your SmartLink one step further by creating a bit.ly link with your app name. Head to https://app.bitly.com/ > Create New > Insert your app name > Insert the SmartLink you created above. You should end up with something that looks like this - bit.ly/YourAppName